Re: [tlug] Upgrading the kernel...?

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:43:52 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> I know Godwin and others have been telling me I should recompile my
> kernel, but this scares the heck out of me.
>
> First, isn't 2.6.17 waaayyyy over on the bleeding edge? I've seen
> talk of 2.6.16, but this is the first time I've heard of 2.6.17.

2.6.18 is already at rc2 and its release is imminent. 2.6.17 is already
at 2.6.17.7, which actually fixed quite a few bugs if the diff is
anything to go by

http://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=%2Fpub%2Flinux%2Fkernel%2Fv2.6%2Fincr%2Fpatch-2.6.17.6-7.bz2

The kernel might have something to do with it. I set up my Palm Z22
around the time of kernel 2.6.16.5 IIRC.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

"Here, Outlook Express, run this program!"  "Okay, stranger."