Re: [tlug] Digest mojibake

    Birkir> Given the amount of Japanese (and other languages?) posted
    Birkir> on this group it would seem beneficial if the digest mails
    Birkir> would be converted to UTF-8 and then lumped together.

    Birkir> Any possibility of this?

I think this probably requires hacking Mailman.  MIME digests are not
going to have the problem, while RFC 9xx-whatever digests are not
going to be reliable in the face of multilingual traffic.  I'm pretty
sure MM 2.1 assumes that people in multilingual contexts will be using
MIME.

But it's not impossible.  Why not write to mailman-users@example.com
and ask about it?  I'm sure Barry et al would be pleased to have beta
testers for Mailman 2.2 and Mailman 3 I18N features, and there are at
least two occasional Mailman contributors/Pythonistas[1] hanging about
on this list---you won't have to do any coding if that's not your
forte, just twist a couple arms here and there. :-)

Footnotes:
[1]  Yes, you have to guess.  Shouldn't be too hard. :-)