Re: [tlug] Hi from new server and a couple of questions

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 19:22 +0000, scott wrote:
> Hi everyone,
Hi Scott
> Finally got my new server setup to the extent that I can ssh into it
> from work and send mails, so from now on I'll post from this account and
> there will be no annoying sig auto-appended to the bottom of the mail
> (finally). Server is running great with the external liquid tower
> reservoir, right now reading 46C with no fan. Just a couple of
> speedbumps so far- maybe someone can offer suggestions on these two
> problems:
Cool you got a liquid cooled system running. Nice.

Eh I see you are having some problems here.

I may have missed it before but some details would be helpful like what
distro are you running what kernel and what base packages/src's have you
installed. I saw a little further down the thread some one said your
information was unhelpful and I have to agree it is rather incomplete.

> Are there any selinux gurus in the
> house and if so have you experienced this problem?

Not a SE guru you might want to locate your SE config (mine
was /etc/selinux/config) file and change it to say "SELINUX=disabled"
w/o quotes. Then if your system still freezes the cause is not SELINUX.

> (maybe sendmail is doing this?)

It definitely is or maybe procmail.

> So I have to keep chowning the file to read the mail which is
> getting annoying. How can I permanently set the ownership of that
> mailbox to scott?

Again a little more detail is necessary, are you doing local delivery
through procmail?

This is a pretty good sendmail alias how to by HP that explains it
pretty clearly. Check it and see if this is what you want to do.

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90685/ch04s03.html

Is the mail you are getting on the same box as your are using evolution
on? In which case you are loged in as user X and trying to read user Y's
mail. I have never done this but I would go and try to set up symbolic
link or better pop user Y's and or user X's mail. Anyone else have any
ideas on that?

Also what version of Sendmail are you using HINT HINT!

Have you tried installing any IMAP software like dovecot or Cyrus and
that did not work...

Chowning files is not the answer in sendmail I can assure you of that.

Regards,

E./