Re: [tlug] Something is eating my disk space

    bruno> If already opened, the "rm" will have no effect on the
    bruno> remaining disk space until the using process is killed.

True.

    bruno> The plan to clean these files without killing the writing
    bruno> apps

This is a very bad idea, unless you really know what you're doing.
You need to find out what the app is; if you're lucky, a HUP will
cause it to close its open files.  Otherwise, I would kill it.

    bruno> PS. To play with this feature you can try this small
    bruno> program.

AFAIK your program creates a sparse file, on systems and filesystems
that support such.  This is not the same kind of thing as a runaway
logfile at all.