Re: [tlug] Upgrading to PHP5 on Fedora

Dave M G wrote:
TLUG,

But because I don't really want to suffer any downtime,
Hello,

Which distro are you using? If you can get a copy of the same distro I would setup a test environment and practice there before doing this on a live production server that you do not want any downtime on. Also, test your applications within the test environment and document your steps -then follow them on the live server.

Also, you will need to check how the php5 package differs from the php4 package. That is you will need to ensure that all of the modules you need are installed as well. They may be included in the base php5 rpm or in separate packages - e.g. php-sqllite-1.0.x.x.x.rpm may be needed.

Regards, Keith