Re: [tlug] 2.6 Kernel vs 2.4 Kernel: "internal s/w"

Josh Glover wrote:

The reason that he is going into detail on syntax is that the syntax
of your original post was less than clear. I still don't really know
what you mean, other than (thanks to some clarification) the 2.6
kernel is faster that the 2.4 kernel for some of your applications.
Which applications, no-one knows.

-Josh

We don't even know for sure the kernel is the cause of the speed-up, since we know nothing about the software he has tested and all he has compared is the same software on different distros (Centos 4.3 and Redhat 9.0) which (apparently) happen to have a different kernel.

David