Re: [tlug] Printer Not Responding

Scott, Stephen,

Thank you for helping.

I used Stephen's suggestion for a command:
dave@example.com:~$ sudo G_SLICE=always-malloc /usr/bin/printconf
Password:
sudo: G_SLICE=always-malloc: command not found
... but as you can see, the result was not very helpful.

I'm a little confused as to what steps I should be attempting next. I know Stephen feels I should be using open source drivers, but I can't find open source drivers for my model. Most web pages that I look at direct me to the one that I used originally to install the printer, which in turn refers to Canon's drivers.

That web page, again, is this one:
http://www.techbuilder.org/recipes/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=167600449&printableArticle=true

And while I appreciate the logic behind Stephen's advocacy of open source drivers, my suspicions are still that Dapper has in some way changed its handling of USB. This is because the printer was working without flaw in Ubuntu 5.10.

In any case, regardless of my suspicions, what is the next step for me to attack this problem?

--
Dave M G