Re: [tlug] no, really: Die, .uim, die!

Dave M G wrote:
> Jim, Alain,
>
> Thank you for continuing to assist.
>
> Sorry for my misuse of some terminology.
>
> I guess it's more accurate to say that the .uim file in question is
> over_riding_  my settings.
>
> It seems confusing to me because, so far as I can understand it, this
> settings file should represent any changes I make to the settings. If it
> is there to store settings, why does it not accept any changes I make in
> the GUI?

According to the UIM Wiki[1]  ~/.uim is supposed to override your GUI
settings.  I gather the logic behind this is that you might want
different customizations depending on the desktop environment you are
currently running, but some settings should not be changed.  It also
offers the not so helpful "make sure the contents of ~/.uim doesn't
conflict with ~/.uim.d/customs/".   Maybe if you gave us the generated
contents of the ~/.uim file we might be able to work out what need removing.

Edward

1. http://uim.freedesktop.org/wiki/CustomizeUIM