Re: [tlug] Seeking Information... (Jim, Yo' the Man, Bro!)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:47:34 +0900, "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon"
<ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> I was referring to the new ones being soldered in, not the old ones
> being taken out, and more to the point, I was referring to damaging the
> circuit board, not the (new) capacitors.

If any damage is going to occur, it's while removing the old capacitorsm
not while soldering the new ones in place. Pulling on a lead that hasn't
been sufficiently heated can cause a track to adhere to it and get ripped
off. Worse still, it can cause a copper sleeve that connects the top layer
to the underside of the circuit board and to all the intermediary layers
INSIDE the circuit board to be pulled out. If that happens, you might as
well purchase a new, sorry, used mobo anyway.

> Don't bend over backwards to be nasty Jim, what point does it serve?

I don't think he's being nasty. We're both trying to make the point that
there is no answer to your question.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and
he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.