Re: [tlug] hello from a new / old member

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Edward> Why not just block passwords and use keys.
>
> Waste of CPU on a slow machine.  Better to nuke 'em in the TCP stack.

I guess if you have a static IP, I have given up hard coding
semi-dynamic ip's into firewall rules because your ip inevitably changes
at a time when you don't have physical access.
> I've also had keys compromised (not personally, but people who needed
> access to one of my machines).  Fortunately my system was not
> vulnerable to the rootkit du jour.

Passwords can be compromised or weak, and for a password you don't
necessarily have to compromise any of the client machines to get them.

Edward