Re: [tlug] LC_CTYPE

David Stibbe <dstibbe@example.com> wrote:
>> I had kinput2 with working under kde by having
>>
>> export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.EUC-JP
>> export XMODIFIERS='@example.com=kinput2'
>> kinput2 -canna&
>>
>> in my .bash_profile (kde doesn't seem to read .xsession for some reason ).

FWIW, I don't think kinput2 paid any attention to that LC_CTYPE setting.
(The apps using may have.)

On my newish FC4 system I have kinput2 and iiimf running side-by-side
both pointing at the Canna server. Originally I failed to get kinput2
working from the tarball because I got lost in a maze of failed
dependencies. Then a couple of days ago "yum update" brought in a new
and working kinput2. Now if only I could get Gimlet to accept
shift-space instead of Ctrl-space...

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554