Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Wine...
- Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:37:37 +0900
- From: Stuart Bouyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Wine...
- References: <440B80A5.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;rv:1.8) Gecko/20060212 Thunderbird/1.5 Mnenhy/0.7.3.0
Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote: > I just did a Google search for "Does wine actually work?", which led to > 27,800,000 responses - the leading ones all about a certain alcoholic > beverage. I don't care if nobody answers this, but I'm tossing this > onto the list out of curiosity - is anyone actually having success using > Wine? Yep, I've been using it since 2000 to play half-life on Linux (wasn't till late 2001 that I got it to work stably. Before OpenOffice.org reached 1.0 I occasionally used it when I had to open MS doc using Word97 and Excel97 - thankfully that is no longer necessary. Before I discovered Mnemosyne (formally pymemaid) I ran supermemo 7 (or something like that) on wine, as well as a couple of old Windows 3.1 and 95 games that didn't have emulators under Linux. Before switching to Gentoo, setting up wine as always a bit of a struggle, but I haven't had to so anything other than "emerge wine" to get it work with the things I use - although it sometimes crashes at random intervals for no discernible reason, but I think that's just wine trying to emulate Windows BSOD :) Stu
- [tlug] Wine...
- From: Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Wine...
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Akiba Linux Cafe -- Wireless?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Wine...
- Next by thread: [tlug] Akiba Linux Cafe -- Wireless?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links