[tlug] Wine...

I just did a Google search for "Does wine actually work?", which led to
beverage.  I don't care if nobody answers this, but I'm tossing this
onto the list out of curiosity - is anyone actually having success using
Wine?  I installed it and then went through the motions of installing
some applications written for brand-W, including the Random House
dictionary, ACDSee and (not needed, but just to test Wine) a simple text
editor.  The result?  All installed, and none work.  Both ACDSee and
Random House act as though they are going to open, but then just crash
and vaporize.  I'm using Wine version 0.9.9.  It's not yet version 1.0
for good reason I'd say!  Again, it's not important, so if you're busy,
then never mind, but if you have any information you don't mind tossing
into the wires, I'd be interested in reading it.

Lyle