Re: [tlug] Nice kanji fonts for TeX/LaTeX

    Marcus> Is there an easy way to get LaTeX to use scalable fonts
    Marcus> that would result in less blocky large kanji?

I find TeX's font usage to be a real mess (not that anything else is
actually straightforward, but TeX is worse than almost anything else).
What I currently do is use the EUC-JP encoding and CJK in LaTeX,
process the .dvi with pdfdvimx, and then display or print the PDF
file.

Although xdvi displays fine, dvipsk doesn't seem to grok the fonts, or
maybe the printer driver (CUPS really really really blows!) doesn't.
I didn't do anything special (this is with DarwinPorts on the Mac,
though; I haven't got around to adding TeX to my new Gentoo box and
the old Debian one still uses a really crufty homebrew lashup of
pLaTeX, Ghostscript 8.5x, and CID fonts).