Re: [tlug] OT: Digital SLR camera shopping

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 04:02:06PM +0900, Ian Wells wrote:
> Anyone know where in Akiba or elsewhere to look for them?
>
> The big shops (Laox, Ishimaru) are the same as Yodobashi and Bic.  I'm
> short of ideas as to where else to look and I don't know of any small
> camera shops in Akiba.

I can suggest "Janpara D-Style" (that's how it got named in my credit
card report).  If I recall correctly, it's located under the railway
bridge, at the far (from Ueno) end of Akiba (same area as the new
mega-Yodobashi).
They used to have very aggressive prices, and I bought a Panasonic FZ30
there in September.

HTH,
 David
--