Re: [tlug] Ubuntu/Kubuntu 510 Log

Josh Glover wrote:
> On 16/02/06, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
>

>> Incidentally, I'm back to Kubuntu, realizing that I really do prefer
>> to KDE to to Gnome.
>>

> You and Linus both! [1] ;)

The funning thing about this is that Linus is taking his/our side
against the average joe user diatribe.  Making Linux easier for the
average joe user is leading to interfaces that are less useful for the
above average user.  I use gnome but mostly because that is the first
thing I installed and after giving KDE a bit of a run with recent
versions I couldn't find anything compelling enough to bother with the
change.  It mostly just seemed to be a lot more GUI to do things you
could do more easily with vi and a configuration file.

Edward