Re: [tlug] Ubuntu/Kubuntu 510 Log

Josh Glover wrote:

>>[LHS] Incidentally, I'm back to Kubuntu, realizing that I really do
>>prefer KDE to to Gnome.
>>

>You and Linus both! [1] ;)
>
>-Josh
>
>[1] http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6060826007.html

Thanks for this! I especially liked this part:

[Excerpt from http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6060826007.html]

Anyway, a lot of the discussion centered on how mean Torvalds was being
to GNOME, and how "Linus is increasingly 'out there' in his hyperbolic
statements."

Oh please.

Torvalds has always sounded the way he does today.

If you think he was being grumpy today, check out his exchanges back in
1992 with Andrew Tanenbaum about Minix, Linux, and operating system
theory. ( http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/appa.html )

Besides, I've been around geeks and developers most of my life. I'm even
a bit of one myself. This is how they talk.

Hell has no fury like someone who really knows their technology -- or
thinks he or she does, anyway -- making a point about it.

Of course, in Linus's case, he really does understand the technology.
[End quote]

Something I should keep in mind the next time I've got smoke coming from
my ears and my fingers are wanting to dance on the keyboard! It might be
okay if I knew what I was talking about, but....

Lyle