Re: [tlug] Tip 'o the Day: quick searches in Mozilla / Firefox

On 09/02/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> For additional fun, I have attached a bookmarks file containing a
> folder full of my favourite quick searches.

And now, here is a folder full of quick searches for all of the
WWWJDIC[1] mirrors[2]. Import it as before:

> You can import this straight into your Mozilla / Firefox by choosing the Bookmarks >
> Manage Bookmarks to open the Bookmarks Manager, then selecting File Import from
> the menu. Choose From File, click Next, select my quick-searches.html file from
> wherever you saved it, then click open.

This will create a new folder called "WWWJDIC Quick Searches" in your
top-level Bookmarks folder.

By default, three quick searches are enabled (i.e. the bookmarks have
keywords attached): E -> J, J -> E, and J (Romaji) -> E for the RILCAA
mirror here in Japan. That's 'cuz I like that mirror best, speed-wise.

If you like another mirror better, just disable the three active
bookmarks by removing the keyword, then add keywords to the bookmarks
corresponding to your favourite mirror.

Search plugins to follow. :)

Cheers,
Josh