[tlug] New 1 GB SD card reports being full after only 467 MB used

TLUG

   I have a new SD card, purchased today. I loaded it in my USB card
reader, and started copying MP3 and OGG files to it from within Amarok.

   Everything was going fine, until Amarok suddenly reported that it
could not copy to the storage device.

   I checked the properties of the SD card by right clicking on the
desktop icon, and it says there is only 467 MB used, and there is 476.9
MB available.

   I tried copying a file within the Gnome/Nautilus GUI, and then also
from the command line. In each instance, it returns an error saying the
drive is full.

   How is it that Ubuntu/Linux can see that there is 476.9 MB free, but
at the same time think the SD card is full?

   And how do I solve this problem?

   Any advice would be much appreciated.

   Thank you.

--