Re: [tlug] New 1 GB SD card reports being full after only 467 MBused

    Dave>    How is it that Ubuntu/Linux can see that there is 476.9
    Dave> MB free, but at the same time think the SD card is full?

In my (limited) experience with removable memory media I've
encountered this kind of anomoly several times, both in PCs/PIMs, and
in special-purpose devices like cameras.  I've always been in a
position to reformat which works around the problem, so I've never
really investigated, but there are a couple of possibilities.

(1) it's a loopback file system and you need to copy the whole thing
to change its contents.

(2) there's a directory cache in the file manager that's not getting
updated

(3) the file you want to copy is 477.0MB :-)

A couple of questions:

Have you tried fsck'ing the file system on the card?

Have you tried hitting it with a bigger hammer, I mean using "cp" from
the command line?

Have you erased any files, or are you just copying files to the SD
card sequentially?