[tlug] Nomikai CD giveaway

As I mentioned previously[1], I snagged quite a stack of Ubuntu CDs
for TLUG the other day. I will bring them to the nomikai, free for the
taking. I was planning to ask that people donate a few yen to TLUG for
the CD, but Edward pointed out that he got a dud[2], so I have decided
on a different approach:

1. Take a Ubuntu LiveCD at the nomikai
2. If it works, and you think it is worth a few hundred yen, bring
said cash to the next tech meeting and fork it over during the auction

Note that step (2) is totally at your discretion. I just think it is
good to give back to TLUG whenever possible.

Speaking of auctions, I need to solicit some opinions on the following
topic. I have signed copies of both "Gaming Hacks"[3] and "Retro
Gaming Hacks"[4] to auction off. Would people be interested in an
auction towards the beginning of the nomikai (before alcohol affects
the thought centres of our brains), or should I just sit on the
merchandise until the March tech meeting?

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://tlug:archives@example.com/ML/0602/msg00041.html
[2] http://tlug:archives@example.com/ML/0602/msg00061.html