Re: [tlug] slightly off-topic: what hard drive for a laptop

Personnaly, I found that switching from a 5400rpm to a 7200rpm really
makes the difference. It is not really a change of global speed, but of
responsiveness. However, I didn't really checked if it is worth only for
the LaTeX compilation time.
And for the difference of price... well, actually, it is far better, I
think, to have a good and fast HD for the system - even smaller as you
don't really need thousands of gigabytes for that - and have an good
huge but slow external USB  HD for all data that take place but doesn't
need very fast access (i means audio/video files).

Raphael