Re: [tlug] First impressions of Gentoo

On 28/01/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Uh, let me run this by you just one more time.  I've never booted
> Gentoo before, I've just completed stage (a) and rebooted to a bareass
> bucknaked doesn't-even-have-the-tools-needed-to-read-the-manual
> system, and I want to read the manual before going on to stage (b).
> It should take less than a minute to emerge links, which seems to be
> the recommended browser for this purpose.  2.5 hours later I realize
> we're compiling Xprt.  WTF?!

I understand, I think.

Would it be acceptable to you to have the bit about "emerge -av" added
to the manual? I can submit a bug and ride it until it is done (and I
think Ulrich Plate might have a bit of involvement with the
Documentation Project).

If this is not what you want, please describe in detail the behaviour
that you want, and I will see what can be done (either to the Gentoo
base system itself--like adding a new profile or two--or to the docs).

Cheers,
Josh