Re: [tlug] Linspire as a senior citizen's first PC -- conclusion

"Edward Middleton" <edward@example.com>:

>> at least until he gets over the initial
>> info-overload.
>>
> Make sure you teach him [your father] about email scams.

Well, being from Louisiana and living in Mississippi, he is already
paranoid :-)

In fact, the subject of getting him on the internet was breached when I
told him that I was going to wire some money to him to pay off house
insurance, lawyer fees, and medical bills. He told me not to use online
banking, because some guy in some foreign country was ripping people off.
I told him that many guys and girls in many countries are ripping many,
many people off.

So he is paranoid, but yes, I will have to make him more so.