Re: [tlug] USB devices behaving randomly

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:37:04 +0900, Dave Gutteridge <dave@example.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way I can probe Ubuntu's USB settings for problems?

lspci is your friend. If it shows that you have a VIA chipset then look no
further. VIA uhci controllers *used to* be notorious for this kind of
problem. Whether or not they've improved, I don't know, but they used to
have odd, undisclosed quirks that their own Windows drivers would kludge
around, hence the lack of problems in Windows.

> Can this be resolved?

I solved the problem by buying a PCI card with 2 USB ports (OHCI) on it.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

"Here, Outlook Express, run this program!"  "Okay, stranger."