[tlug] Remote weblogging - Emacs + weblogger.el or mt.el? from Vim?

Any recommendations for remote blogging interfaces to use outside
of a web browser? Particularly something I can use from within Emacs
or maybe even from Vim?

I'm currently blogging for two sites -- one that's now using
Movable Type, and one that will be migrating to it relatively soon.

I do not really like the web-based Movable Type editing interface
I've been using so far and would prefer just to do my editing with
an editing application (Emacs or Vim) and then do the actual
posting through whatever remote API (I guess XML-RPC is what most
are using) supported by the blog-site backend.

I've found weblogger.el[1] and mt.el[2] but have not tried either
yet. Has anybody else?

[1] http://elisp.info/package/weblogger/weblogger.el
[2] http://www.marginalia.org/code/mt.el

  --Mike