Re: [tlug] zaurus: wi-fi and keyboard

> I guess if you are happy typing while squinting at such a small screen.
> I tend to find when I am typing on the Zaurus I hold it much closer to
> my face, more like a book. While you could up the font size it doesn't
> leave you with much screen real estate. I think you would probably start
> feeling really bad eye strain.

I don't look at the screen much. My notes are messy, often uncapitalized,
and unformatted. They are just raw data, so I don't think that will be a
problem. When I was employed as an English teacher, I used to type my
students' errors during free conversation sessions and planned lessons
alike. I typed down important points and examples and corrected versions
of their statements using vim as the conversation moved on to other
things, so I was typing one thing while saying something different and
maintaining eye contact. Took a while to get to that point, and I am
probably rusty now that I have been out of the practice for a year.

> I totally agree about taking detailed notes but I suspect you might be
> better with a light weight laptop with a bigger screen.

You are absolutely right. A superthin laptop would be much better, but I
have a lot of mouths to feed, so I am on a super-tight budget. The Z
really put a dent in my allowance, so I will have to use it. Also, I like
the idea of having all my text journals, as well as my KDE organizer, in
my pocket all the time. Being able to type full speed will mean that I can
really use the Z as my home base.