Re: [tlug] zaurus: wi-fi and keyboard

Micheal E Cooper wrote:
> An example would be a meeting with accounting about resource management in a PC-less conference room. I cannot keep up with the conversation while using the Z keyboard. It just isn't sufficient. However, I don't want to lug down a notebook computer, either. Zaurus + keyboard (+ external mouse?) would be all the notebook PC I would need for most of my 打ち合わせ.

I guess if you are happy typing while squinting at such a small screen.
I tend to find when I am typing on the Zaurus I hold it much closer to
my face, more like a book. While you could up the font size it doesn't
leave you with much screen real estate. I think you would probably start
feeling really bad eye strain.
> A better example is calling a vendor or IT support for hardware. I do not have a long-distance line in my office, so I have been bringing my Vaio notebook down to the office, but it is heavy, large, and most importantly, it is my personal machine. I would like to leave it at home. With the Z+keyboard, I could do this much more easily.
>
> Keeping detailed notes of to whom you spoke when, etc. saved us approx
> 2,600 dollars of M$ license fees this year.

I totally agree about taking detailed notes but I suspect you might be
better with a light weight laptop with a bigger screen.

Edward