Re: [tlug] Skype

    Godwin> Until a while ago they were spamming me relentlessly for
    Godwin> their DeveloperWorks program, whatever that is,

Actually, I've been getting their DeveloperWorks newsletter, and
(except for the relentlessly breathless commentary of the main editor)
it's quite good.

Spamming sucks, of course, even if the product is
good, but I'm curious---did you killfile them or did you try to
unsubscribe, and they still wouldn't "relent"?  I know the people who
run some of the bigger consumer-oriented listservs (eg, Chuqi at
Apple), and they're much stricter about this stuff (at least in
public) than I am.