Re: [tlug] Skype

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:47:52 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Skype just lost a potential customer.

The "Boulder Pledge" is in force, I see. Good!

$ host go.skype.com
go.skype.com has address 129.41.76.131

$ whois 129.41.76.131

OrgName:    IBM Corporation
OrgID:      IBMCOR-5
Address:    NEW ORCHARD ROAD
City:       ARMONK
StateProv:  NY
PostalCode: 10504
Country:    US

NetRange:   129.41.0.0 - 129.41.255.255
CIDR:       129.41.0.0/16
{snip}

Odd. You'd think that an outfit like IBM would know better than to spam.

Until a while ago they were spamming me relentlessly for their
DeveloperWorks program, whatever that is, probably because I used to
participate in a mailing list devoted to a Borland development product.
Haven't seen any for a while now - they must have listwashed me.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or better."
So, I installed LINUX!