[tlug] Not Skype

On 12/23/05, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Skype just lost a potential customer.

I am not personally Skype-averse, but I know several people who have problems with it.  Has anyone compared the alternatives?

Personally I've used MSN messenger with some success, and better quality than Skype, PC-to-PC; and Google's offering is at least a bit more open source...  Not actually paid the money for SkypeOut, but I suspect it will only take one more really dodgy call with Brastel...