[tlug] [tlug-digest] Speaking of Good books

I was back in the US and picked up the following recommended books for
an earnest, slightly advanced beginner like me:

Linux and the Unix Philosophy. Mike Gancarz. $34.99 -- excellent, if
overpriced, discussion of what makes Unix so different and why it is
great. And fun to read.

Linux Administration Handbook. Evi Nemeth. $31-- rewrite of a classic
Unix book, basic theory plus howto details.

Underground Guide to UNIX: Slightly Askew Advice from a UNIX Guru. John
Montgomery. $16.47. Also fun to read, and helpful way of building up
from the ground level to understanding what is going on.

(Debian Only!!! -- nothing about anything else)
  Debian System: Concepts And Techniques. Martin F. Krafft. $30. This is
very thick, very detailed and not exactly well edited, but for Debian
lovers, it's where to go to try to figure out why they do it that way
and how to use Debian management well. BTW, it was his list of
recommended books that led me to the others on the list above.

David Riggs
Kyoto