Re: [tlug] CentOS to Gentoo-Pros/Cons(if any)?

> - Zealots who champion other distros will hate you because Gentoo is
> so much better than their distro of choice.[/troll]

At work I have a laptop with RHEL3 (forced on me) and a desktop with SUSE
(my choice, but only because the s/w my company puts out only supports RH
and SUSE). I run Gentoo on two machines at home and on a renta-server I
manage and for my money (or lack thereof ;-), Gentoo is by far the better
distro of the three.

Once you do 1 or 2 installs, it becomes 2nd nature. Plus, the new install
instructions start everyone out with a Stage3 and then give instructions
on how to re-compile everything once the system is up and stable (a better
solution).

All IMHO, of course...

--
Joe Larabell -- Synopsys VCS Support      US: larabell@example.com