Re: [tlug] CentOS to Gentoo-Pros/Cons(if any)?

On 13/12/05, Joe Larabell <larabell@???> wrote:

> At work I have a laptop with RHEL3 (forced on me) and a desktop with SUSE
> (my choice, but only because the s/w my company puts out only supports RH
> and SUSE). I run Gentoo on two machines at home and on a renta-server I
> manage and for my money (or lack thereof ;-), Gentoo is by far the better
> distro of the three.

You could always run Gentoo in a chroot jail, as detailed by some
really smart hacker in the Gentoo Forums:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=166358

I really need to update that sucker, as there is no longer any need to
loopback-mount /etc/init.d.

In fact, Mauro is planning to do a presentation on this at the next
TLUG meeting. His slides will be available afterwards, as well as a
video--or three ;)--of the event for those poor people who cannot be
there in person.

Cheers,
Josh

PS: Sorry for the dupe, Joe. I did not realise that you had addressed
the message to me *and* the list, and Gmail loves reply off-list in
those cases. :)