Re: [tlug] IM

On 13/12/05, Evan Monroig <evan@example.com> wrote:

> It seems that this is due to email transfer times. When I posted my
> reply I had received none, and in the following minutes my Gmail
> successively received all the *previous* replies... (I have checked
> the full headers of the emails to verify what I am saying)

Yeah, that is what I figured, but it never hurts to suggest that
people Read Before They Post... RBYP--does that exist as an acronym,
Google?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define%3A+RBYP&btnG=Search

Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=RBYP&fulltext=fulltext&sourceid=mozilla-search

Guess not.

Which reminds me, if you run Firefox and you don't have the Conquery
extension[1] installed, install it now! What it does is allows you to
select text, in any place that text can normally be selected (e.g.
your Gmail compose textentry, a webpage, etc.), then right-click that
text (and here is *one* place where I *love* the fact that Windows has
that Context Menu / Properties key on the keyboard--anyone know how to
make FluxBox / Firefox do that?), choose the new "Query to..." item
from the context menu, and select a search engine (the same list that
you get in the Quick Search box at the top right of the standard
Firefox UI). The results of said search then open in a new tab.
Perfect!

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://conquery.mozdev.org/