Re: [tlug] GMail Settings

On 11/12/05, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> I've decided to use GMail to get around whatever the delays are with
> my other e-mail.  I set GMail to UTF-8 and I'm wondering if I need to
> set it to plain text as well?

I think once you set the Compose window (when starting a new
conversation) to "Plain text" once, that will be the default from then
on out. You just have to be careful when replying to an HTML message,
because Gmail tends to default to "Rich formatting" then. Just set it
to "Plain text" right away (if it is HTML, it should be obvious, since
a thick blue horizontal line will be used for the quoting).

Cheers,
Josh