Re: [tlug] [Confirm] response of tlug mailing list server

ken-ichi itsumi wrote:

Hi

Yesterday I changed my address of tlug-ml,around 20:00, but I
had not received until midnight, so I could not catch for 4 hours.

Was it reasonable response time, or some bad things happened?

I've noticed that it typically takes an hour or two before anything I send is posted. Is it a situation where the server is sending the posted messages out to everyone on the list one at a time, and the list being rather large results in very long waits for people towards the bottom of the list? Too simple I suppose.... Some other people are definitely getting things faster, as by the time I get some things, they've already been commented on. It seems like the list moderator gets them much faster, which makes sense, but why the big delay for some others? I wasn't going to bother commenting as I don't mind (much) waiting for the messages, so long as they come through.

Lyle