Re: [tlug] [Confirm] response of tlug mailing list server

Jim Tittsler wrote:

[KII] Yesterday I changed my address of tlug-ml,around 20:00, but I
had not received until midnight, so I could not catch for 4 hours.

Was it reasonable response time, or some bad things happened?

Maybe gmail was having some problem? (Or maybe you were just expecting more list activity on a Saturday night? :-)

The logs show you subscribed at 19:10 and confirmed at 19:14 (and gmail accepted both messages immediately). And you appear to have successfully posted from the new address at 19:24, and your copy of that posting was accepted by gmail at 19:37 and the next message successfully delivered to you at 00:08. So it looks like everything is working ok on the TLUG side.

Hmmm..... assuming that my provider is the cause of the large delays in receiving messages, what would be the cause of that? I mean - when I send myself a test message from Yahoo for example, it (almost always) comes right through, but almost never for any of the messages to TLUG. As I type this, it's been about five minutes since I sent my previous message, and it hasn't come in. I'll send a message when it does.

Lyle