Re: [tlug] "TLUG, Meet Husi, Husi, Meet TLUG"

Scott Robbins wrote:

[LHS] I feel stupid asking, but what does:

"We also know to keep our sigs short, but what the heck, some of these
Buffy quotes need the space"

- mean?  I'm wondering about "sigs" or "Buffy", or "Buffy quotes need
the space".......

Well, that's how we learn, by asking.  In this case, sig is just short
for signature.   The rule is that your signature should be no more than
either 4 or 7 lines, I've forgotten which.  I have a Buffy the Vampire
random quote generator (which I should probably stop using as the show's
been off the air for almost 2 years and there's no new quotes).  So, in
this case, I was referring to my ignoring the netiquette rule of keeping
a signature to 4-7 lines.  The Buffy quote part simply meant that some
of the quotes, to get the context, required more than the generally
accepted number lines for a signature.

Thanks! I would have been wondering about that for hours! Now I see how much out of the loop culture-wise I am with the US - I've never heard of that character before! Thanks for explaining! (I guess I should get cable....)

Lyle