Re: [tlug] "TLUG, Meet Husi, Husi, Meet TLUG"

Scott Robbins wrote:

Hopefully, this won't become a bikeshed discussion (see the FreeBSD faq
on freebsd.org if you don't get the reference.) I think that most members of this list know when it is and isn't appropriate to
cross-post.  (We also know to keep our sigs short, but what the heck,
some of these Buffy quotes need the space.)

I feel stupid asking, but what does:

"We also know to keep our sigs short, but what the heck, some of these
Buffy quotes need the space"

- mean?  I'm wondering about "sigs" or "Buffy", or "Buffy quotes need
the space".......

According to a Google search:

SIGS - Acronym for /*s*pecial *i*nterest *g*roup/, a group of users
interested in a particular subject who discuss the subject at meetings or via an online service online_service.html>. SIGs exist for almost every conceivable subject. Online SIGs are sometimes called /forums/ or conferences

*Buffy* \Buff"y\, a. (Med.)
  Resembling, or characterized by, buff.

  Buffy coat, the coagulated plasma of blood when the red
     corpuscles have so settled out that the coagulum appears
     nearly colorless. This is common in diseased conditions
     where the corpuscles run together more rapidly and in
     denser masses than usual. --Huxley.

Buff -

# fan: an ardent follower and admirer
# a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
# bare skin; naked; "swimming in the buff"
# yellowish brown: a medium to dark tan color
# buffet: strike, beat repeatedly; "The wind buffeted him"
# polish and make shiny; "buff the wooden floors"; "buff my shoes"
# of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
# an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for
polishing (as in manicuring)