Re: [tlug] "TLUG, Meet Husi, Husi, Meet TLUG"

Josh Glover wrote:

[LHS] "TLUG, Meet Husi, Husi, Meet TLUG"

In my quest for information about UTF-8 & ISO-2022-JP, I got a little
carried away and posted one quote from each list to the other - with no
identifying information about the authors.

Which is one of the several reasons that cross-posting is generally
frowned upon, c.f. Rule #3 in Godwin's Fine Document:

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

Yeah... there is something about this issue......

Actually, although I subscribe to a few LUG's, I did scrupulously avoid posting that issue to any other LUG - I posted it at Husi specifically because it's largely in another world from TLUG - I wanted to see what people outside of the group might think of the issue. Obviously it's a complicated one - otherwise it would have been solved by now! There would have been no issue at all if I hadn't tried to share the info, but....

Anyway - sorry.  I'll be more careful.

Lyle