Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding - which one?

thus wrote Brett Robson:
> No, not on my client. Using UTF for for Japanese email breaches RFCs,
> you are supposed to use 2022-JP. Now many people will tell you that it
> doesn't matter and there may be good reason to use it (eg mixing
> Japanese with non-English languages), but if you are sending Japanese
> text then you are risking that the receiver can't read it.

Had the same problem. Although UTF-8 works fine of some mail clients, it breaks
on others some japanese use (like winbiff, etc), either
	1. characters appear as mojibake
	2. characters appear fine, but become garbled when you reply to it (or copy the
text)
I use 2022-JP now everytime my mail is for japanese colleages/kyakusan.

> Try sending Japanese UTF email to a mobile phone, not sure what will
> happen.

tried it just now and it works fine!

-ramil