Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding - which one?

Dear Lyle,

On 2005/11/22, at 14:11, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

I'm having trouble creating Japanese pages for my site - while I can
post them in Japanese and they display in Japanese, when looking at the
Page Source, it shows only computer code and no recognizable language.
I wouldn't care so long as the Japanese of the page is displaying, but
since the Page Source is garbage, none of the Japanese text is readable
by search engines, which is a problem.  Yes - there is practically no
text on the link I'm putting here for an example:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/i_i_v/jpage/f1/TokyoMtrShwJ01.html

As far as I can see what ever you have used to create this site uses the HTML character codes, I had a little play around and plugged "東" into a HTML file and it came up as とう. So looked to me, the problem lies with whatever software you are using. If your using some sort of gui program maybe you can put in some garbage
text then go back and insert the Japanese with your favorite editor.

Regards,
Brent.