[tlug] Apache 2 + PHP5 + Oracle Instant Client stability Issues

Dear All,

I installed the above configuration on a test server to develop applications that access an Oracle server in our head quarter.

Unfortunately it runs very unstable, the oracle client frequently hangs itself up or gives back error messages.

A production server uses older oci libraries and has less of a problem.  Googling brings up a lot of similar problems, commonly saying its a known bug in the oci module of PHP, related to recycling of connections, and thats its fixed in a newer version.  But since I use the latest one it clearly isn't fixed.

Does anybody use a similar combination successfully?  If so How do you do it?

Thanks

--
Patrick Niessen