[tlug] Webmail system optimized for mobile-phone access?

Can anybody recommend a good open-source webmail system that
provides an off-the-shelf interface that is optimized for
accessing mail from a mobile phone?

I use IMAP for both my personal and company mail, and have
partially hacked NOCC[1], and am using that now to get access to
my personal IMAP mail from my keitai when I am away from my PC.

  [1] http://nocc.sourceforge.net/

Mostly, I just need it for reading mail, those there are times
when I want to compose short replies. I don't need mobile access
to "advanced" features like folder management or filter management
or contact-book management or whatever.

I've been hoping to find an app that, off the shelf, provides a
client interface that's already optimized for viewing on a mobile
phone.

I know about the MIMP[2] subproject of the Horde project, but I'm
not using Horde for anything else and am reluctant to install a
whole big application framework when all I really need is just a
relatively simple interface for reading mail.

  [2] http://www.horde.org/mimp/

Ideas?

  --Mike

--