[tlug] RRe: Disappearing symlinks?]

Matt Gushee wrote:

The fact that you mentioned KDE suggests that you are using a KDE tool
(Konqueror?) to create the symlinks. If so, it raises the question
whether it's a Linux problem or a KDE problem ... and if I were in your
shoes, I'd check whether using the command line instead of Konqueror
made any difference.

I went again through all of my cron scripts, and after all located an error that was causing the problem, so my apologies for the false alarm.

Since I had not made any changes in these scripts recently, I couldn't find any lines that would cause the problem. What I hadn't realized, was that in a line earlier in the script, a directory that was designated for a "cd" directory change had been deleted, and thus a subsequent "rm" command was being run on my home directory (I eventually also realized that I was not losing only symlinks, but other files as well).

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University