Re: [tlug] Disappearing symlinks?

Charles Muller wrote:
> Starting very recently, the symlinks that I have created in my home
> directory (KDE on Debian unstable) keep disappearing. I initially
> assumed that I must have inadvertently written something into one of
> my cron jobs that is deleting these, but I've been though all of these
> scripts a few times, and can't find anything. Does anyone know of some
> kind of basic Linux problem that might be the cause of this?

The fact that you mentioned KDE suggests that you are using a KDE tool
(Konqueror?) to create the symlinks. If so, it raises the question
whether it's a Linux problem or a KDE problem ... and if I were in your
shoes, I'd check whether using the command line instead of Konqueror
made any difference.

That's my only idea tonight.

--
Matt Gushee