Re: [tlug] how do I rotate monitor image?

Michal Hajek wrote:

> Rotations possible - normal left inverted right

Lucky bastard. :-)
I would sometimes like to use that feature myself, but neither the
opensource drivers nor the closed source drivers for my Radeon 8500
support it.
The Windows drivers are supposed to support rotation though, but the
ATI binary driver has some other shortcomings too, e.g. I have been
unable to get it to reserve more memory for pixmaps and other non-3D
stuff (except by disabling 3D altogether) and so can't play
HDTV-Videos on it (With XVideo that is).
For the latter issue I probably should try out the recently
new&improved gl vo in MPlayer, which now can use fragment programs
to do the YUV->RGB conversion in hardware...

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de