Re: [tlug] how to keep track of one's work... another 'Best Practices' question

"Micheal E Cooper" <mcooper@example.com> writes:

> I am wondering what others do for work logs. I have tried many
> different methods of keeping track of my activities and the changes
> made to the many systems that I administer, and I am wondering what
> more seasoned folks are using.

I use the Planner personal information manager for Emacs.
(http://www.plannerlove.com ,
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerMode). It uses plain text
files and helps me to keep detailed time reports of what I'm working
on.

If you need time tracking, you might be interested in
http://www.formassembly.com/time-tracker. It's web-based.

If you need to track projects, http://www.backpackit.com is pretty
good. http://www.voo2do.com is pretty handy, too, and there's e-mail
support.

Hope that helps!

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@example.com> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking