[tlug] Thanks, Laptop power conserve, hd shutdown

Thanks everyone, esp Tobias for the great tips. I will see if I can get this to work. Would be a big help to be able to use the notebook all day for writing away from the mains.

There is a ton of stuff on the web about this, the problem is that it is more than I can handle. But just fyi, for Debian these two are the best, I think, though the first it way over my head:

http://tuxmobil.org/debian_linux.html

David Riggs